- Human computation (crowdsourcing)
- Human-in-the-loop intelligent systems
- Online communities and citizen science
- Large-scale collaborative planning systems
- Interaction techniques and incentive mechanisms for volunteer-based human computation systems within Science and Public Health.
[Computer Science News] May 1, 2015 "CIHR-NSERC grant awarded to CS professor"
Application Areas→Data Science; Technology Areas→Computational Modeling, Machine Learning/AI; Discipline Areas→Computer Science, Public Health; Faculty→Mathematics