COVID-19 has shaken the world, challenging societies and altering life as we know it. But from this crisis, opportunities have emerged calling us to action as we prepare to reboot from the COVID-19 lockdown.
In this series of 6 free, weekly, online panels, experts from the University of Waterloo and representatives from some of Canada's leading companies will share their research, real-world expertise, and experience to help identify the risks and plot the future of adapting to this new normal. Learn how you can apply their research findings to the needs of your enterprise and your own aspirations. Together, let’s create the future.
Registration is required for each of the 6 panels
A WebEx link will be provided before the talk. Each webinar will feature a 60-minute, moderated panel, with 5 or 6 participants followed by an optional 30-minute Q&A (questions can be submitted through the web conference chat).
The Post-COVID-19 Reboot series is presented by University of Waterloo Gateway for Enterprises to Discover Innovation (GEDI).
Panel #3 Rebooting: Security and data privacy considerations
The third session will dive into data privacy and security in Canadain the time of COVID-19. Leading experts will discuss emerging threats both domestic and abroad, the interplay between privacy and public health, and workforce education through a lens of data and privacy considerations.
Moderator: Michele Mosca - Professor, Combinatorics & Optimization; Co-founder, Institute for Quantum Computing
Expert panelists include:
- Maura Grossman - Research Professor; Director, Women in Computer Science; Adjunct Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Douglas Stebila - Associate Professor, Cryptography
- Plinio Morita - Assistant Professor, School of Public Health & Health Systems
- Deborah Evans - Chief Privacy Officer, Rogers Communications
- Michael Parker - Principal Corporate Security Analyst in Governance, Risk and Compliance, BlackBerry
What's next in our series?
Rebooting with Research series:
- June 11 | Rebooting with research: Tackling real-world problems (panel 4 of 6)
- June 18 | Rebooting with research: Viral detection & mitigation (panel 5 of 6)
- June 25 | Rebooting with research: Our virtual future (panel 6 of 6)
The recorded sessions will be posted to the University of Waterloo YouTube channel as available, check back soon!
If you have any questions, please contact GEDI at GEDI.firstname.lastname@example.org.