The Centre for Bioengineering and Biotechnology (CBB), the Canadian Personalized Healthcare Innovation Network (CPHIN) and ZS Associate host a Real-World Evidence Workshop series
This is a call to action for key stakeholders to co-create a collaborative network to accelerate innovation and expedite the adoption of personalized healthcare solutions. This will facilitate the design and implementation of future collaborative programs that will finally unlock the potential of real-world evidence (RWE) in Canada.
This initial workshop is focused on understanding the different approaches that are being used to overcome the barriers associated with the collection of quality grade data that can then lead to decision grade evidence. The event will feature clinicians and researchers from 5-6 of Canada’s leading healthcare institutions. They will share their experience with real-world data (RWD) across the collection, quality assurance, curation and federation (use of technology/AI), and sharing RWD.
Workshop #1: March 8th & 9th 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. (ET) - REGISTER BELOW
Registration will close Monday March 7, 2022 at 12 noon
Please note that registration is for persons and groups who have been invited only
- Future Alignment: Demonstrate the need for a learning health system in Canada to unleash data-driven decision making across the healthcare ecosystem and work towards achieving the quadruple aim
- Current Initiatives: Understand the best practices and initiatives currently in progress that are working to address the commonly identified barriers to quality real-world data; current state session to feature regulators, clinicians, and researchers
- Amplification Opportunities: Working session focused on the application and scaling of current best practices and the identification of future opportunities to address the barriers to quality real-world data
- Define Working Model: Establish a working model to move towards the ideation of implementation-ready projects
Full workshop #1 program can be viewed in the Workshop #1 Pre-Read [PDF]
Workshop #2: Date and structure to be announced
At the end of the session, participants will determine the next steps to:
- Identify opportunities to address the major barriers of collecting high-quality real-world data from health information systems/electronic medical records in Canadian hospitals
- Build trust and collaboration amongst key stakeholders; establishing alignment on the urgency of the problem and commitment to the solution
- Establish a future working model to facilitate the design and implementation of programs that address the major barriers for the generation of decision-grade RWE in Canada