We offer both virtual or in-person appointments to help you explore your possibilities. We cover a variety of topics like résumé and cover letter support or conversations around further education. We also offer same-day co-op consults for all co-op students before your first work term to support navigating the process, arranging your own job and job ranking. You can book all career advising appointments and same-day drop-in times through WaterlooWorks.
- Available for undergraduate, master’s, regular and co-op students.
- 20-minute conversations.
- In-person and virtual options are available.
- Online registration for all drop-ins begins at 8 a.m. ET daily.
- Résumé, cover letter, interview: For support with building your application or interview preparation.
- Career consults: Explore available career supports or learn more about career planning.
- Work search drop-ins: Find answers to quick questions about the work search process or begin exploring work search strategies.
- Further education: Explore available career supports or learn more about career planning.
Online, Monday – Friday ET
October – December 22:
- 9 - 10 a.m.
- 12 – 1 p.m.
- 5 - 6 p.m.
In person, Mondays ET
September 11 - November 30:
- 5 - 7 p.m. in the Davis Centre Library
In person, Tuesday and Thursday ET
September 11 - November 30:
- 12 - 2 p.m. in the Tatham Centre
- Available for co-op students in their first recruitment term.
Co-op consult support
- Navigating the co-op process.
- Arranging your own job support.
- Rank/match process assistance.
Co-op consult schedule
Available online, Monday to Friday ET
- 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Available in person
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET Tuesday
- 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. ET Wednesday and Thursday
Book an appointment through WaterlooWorks, Live Chat or the CEE Hub desk.
Career advising appointments
- Available for all undergraduate, master’s and PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, alumni and employees.
- Meet virtually or in person with a career advisor for a confidential discussion about your career strategy, job search tactics, or grad/professional school prep.
Career advising support
- Searching for a job? Book a résumé, cover letter, mock interview, or work search (inside or outside Canada) appointment. Consider booking Managing your online presence to learn more about how your online presence affects your work search.
- Interested in career planning? Book an initial career consult to start this conversation, explore career supports and learn more about the next steps in your career journey.
- In graduate school? Book a curriculum vitae (for academic and/or research and development positions), résumé, letter, mock interview or work search (inside or outside Canada) appointment.
- Ask me anything. Do you have career or employment-related questions, but don't see an appointment type that fits your needs? Ask a career advisor anything! We'd be happy to have a conversation, answer any questions we can, and/or discuss your career journey for further support.
- Available for all undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral, PhD, alumni and employees.
- Book appointments with further education advisors for discussion around navigating future education plans or application preparation.
Further education support
- Further education pathways.
- Decision-making around professional or graduate schools.
- Preparing for specific programs (e.g., grades, admission tests).
- Writing application documents (e.g., personal statement, CV, online applications).
- Preparing for an interview.
We offer virtual and in-person appointments. Appointments are available for all students including undergraduate, graduate, regular and co-op. These 20-minute conversations can relate to résumés, cover letters, interviews, work searches, career consults or further education support. Online registration for all drop-ins begins at 8 a.m. ET daily.
We keep it confidential
Before booking an appointment, please read our confidentiality statement. By booking an appointment, you are agreeing to the terms of our appointment confidentiality statement.