Tuesday, March 20, 2007 12:00 am - 12:00 am EDT
Clueso: Rap on the stage and in the classroom
- "manchmal steh ich auf brech aus und will dass mich jeder sieht lehn mich weit heraus aus protest vielleicht auch aus prinzip manchmal stürz ich ab ganz egal wie hart die landung ist und lieg am boden und hab genau dadurch land in sicht“ (viel gesehen)
- Clueso, born in Erfurt (former GDR) in 1980, has been involved with music (Rap, Jazz, Rock) for more then 10 years. In 2006, the songwriter released his third album “weit weg”. He toured in Germany, Austria and Switzerland - partly as warm-up for the band “Die Fantastischen Vier”.
- As fascinating as his musical career are his projects for teachers and students.
- How can teachers use rap in language courses and how can students learn to rap themselves? Clueso knows the answer and has already resented his ideas (i.e. in collaboration with Goethe-Institut Wellington, NZ) in workshops not only in Germany, but also at in New Zealand.
- “At the age of 26 Clueso accomplished something what few of his age could: to record such an impressive album” (Stern)