The Marga I. Weigel German Study Abroad Awards are made possible by a donation from Dr. Marga I. Weigel, a proud UWaterloo alumna, to encourage Waterloo students to learn German and to increase transcultural interactions between Canada and the German-speaking world.
Up to five awards, valued at $1,000 each, will be provided annually to full-time University of Waterloo undergraduate students in any program who are participating in the Waterloo Summer Language School in Germany.
Eligibility & Selection
- full-time UWaterloo undergraduate students enrolled in any program or Faculty who are participating in the Waterloo Summer Language School in Germany or its equivalent.
- a minimum cumulative average of 75%.
- a one-page letter explaining how knowledge of German language and culture will assist the applicant in realizing their career and professional goals. Please submit via the online application page.
- application deadline March 1
- the Waterloo Centre for German Studies will select recipients each March.
To apply for the Marga I. Weigel Award please fill out the online application: