Every semester, the Waterloo Centre for German Studies's reading group meets on a weeknight evening to discuss a book that is somehow related to German-speaking culture. These have been our past titles:
- Summer 2018 - Gehen, Ging, Gegangen by Jenny Erpenbeck / Go, Went, Gone trans. by Susan Bernofsky
- Winter 2018 - Saving Kadinsky, by Mary Basson / Die Malerin, trans. by Gabriele Weber-Jaric
- Fall 2017 - Winnetou I, by Karl May
- Summer 2017 - Everyone chose their own book, and we also had a book exchange
- Winter 2017 - Measuring the World/Die Vermessung der Welt, by Daniel Kehlmann
- Fall 2016 - Almost Everything Really Fast/Meistens alles sehr schnell, by Christopher Kloeble
Why Joining the Reading Group Now is a Good Idea
Members on our reading group list will have first dibs at setting a date. In addition, they'll be able to suggest book titles for our next meeting and also vote on the title.
The group is open to anyone interested in reading, and knowledge of German is not required.
Sign up using our online email form that is dedicated to reading group announcements and updates, and we'll be in touch!
Contact Lori Straus for more details!