Thanks to the generous donations of families from the local community, there are a number of award opportunities for students studying German Studies:
- Stork Awards in German Studies for students traveling to a German-speaking country on a Canadian-organized program,
- The Cecilia and the Late George Piller Graduate Research Award for excellent full-time graduate students in the Faculty of Arts, who conduct research on German language, culture, history, and/or society, and
- Marga I. Weigel German Study Abroad Awards for University of Waterloo students who are participating in the Waterloo Summer Language School in Germany or equivalent.
- Evelyn Guderian Graduate Scholarship in Germanic & Slavic Studies for full-time current or incoming graduate students enrolled in a Master's or Doctoral program in the Department of Germanic and Slavic Studies in the Faculty of Arts,
- The Brichta Award for graduate students in German Studies who are either registered in or applying for a graduate program in German Studies at University of Waterloo, and
Marga I. Weigel Engineering International Exchange Award for undergraduate students in the Faculty of Engineering.