Choose Your Own German Book! - Thursday, November 29 7-9pm
Another 'choose your own adventure' Reading Group! Instead of the Centre stipulating the book, we're leaving it up to you! So, read whatever German-related book you'd like, be it written by a German/Swiss/Austria author in whatever language you can easily read, or a novel that really interests you that's been translated into German, and bring it along to the meeting.
We'll do a "go-around" and introduce our books and share what we thought about them, and then we'll see where the conversation goes from there.
Finding German-Language Books
If you're up to reading something in German, you have a few options:
- The Kitchener Public Library has some German books you can borrow.
- Many titles are also available on Kobo (Chapters) and Kindle (Amazon).
- The UW Book Store may have a few in stock.
- The Goethe-Institut has an e-book lending service called Onleihe. You must subscribe to participate, and the process takes about one business day.
- www.bookdepository.com (but order now, because these usually come in from the UK)