B.C. Matthews Hall
University of Waterloo
200 University Ave. West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519-888-4567, ext. 45513
- Use three-point contact when entering and exiting the tractor.
- Exit the truck by climbing down while facing the inside of the cab and avoid jumping.
- Load belongings onto passenger seat to climb in with hands empty to be able to use three-point contact.
- Use a fold up stairs/ladder.
- Train drivers to use three-point contact.
- Consider steps and grab handles when purchasing trucks.
- Design tractors with long grab handles located on both side of the doors and inside the cab.
- Design tractors with smaller distance between steps and adequate grating on step, especially front edge of step to reduce slipping.
- Design tractors with a pass-through compartment for drivers to load belongings into so they can have their hands free in order to use three-point contact.
- Design tractor with cup holders in inside lower portion of door to free up hands to enable three-point contact