B.C. Matthews Hall
University of Waterloo
200 University Ave. West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519-888-4567, ext. 45513
The OBC 2023 abstract submission deadline has been extended to Wednesday March 15, 2023.
Submissions should be composed according to formatting displayed in the below templates. Specifically:
- Times New Roman 12 pt font
- Margins of 2.54 cm (1") on all sides
- One page maximum
- Microsoft Word document
- Completed study abstracts must include completed data. Without completed data, the submission will be considered a proposal abstract.
- Proposal abstracts are for pilot or in-progress studies and will only be considered for poster presentations.
- If data collection is not yet complete, but it is anticipated to be completed before the conference takes place, please ensure this is indicated on the Supervisor Abstract Submission Form (these submissions will be considered for either podium or poster presentations).
Completed study abstract template (WORD)
Proposal abstract template (WORD)
Include the first author's surname and university in the file name. Please use the following file name format:
First author's surname_University_OBC2023.docx.
Only one submission (abstract or proposal) will be accepted for each student presenter.
All abstracts must be submitted by faculty supervisors, not by individual students.
Faculty supervisors must upload their students' abstracts using the Supervisor Abstract Submission Form. This form will be used to assist with allocation of podium and poster presentations. The following information is required for each student when submitting the form:
- Current program
- Year in current program
- Number of previous OBC podium presentations
- Number of previous OBC poster presentations
- Preferred presentation type (podium or poster)
- Podium priority order
- Completed or in-progress study
- Short title
Supervisors submitting several abstracts should combine these into a single, compressed (.zip) file with the supervisor's surname and university in the file name. Please use the following file name format:
Please do not email abstract submissions to the conference organizing committee.
The deadline for abstract submissions has been extended to Wednesday March 15, 2023.
Please contact the conference organizing committee at email@example.com.