B.C. Matthews Hall
University of Waterloo
200 University Ave. West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519-888-4567, ext. 45513
- Slip and fall hazards
- High forces and awkward postures to climb tractor
- High likelihood that drivers jump of the tractor which is a risk factor for knee and other joint injuries.
- Use squeegee with long handle to clean windshield from the ground.
- Do not jump down from any raised surface.
- Add steps and grab handles to improve accessibility to clean windshield.
- Provide a removable step to improve access to engine compartment. See an example product.
- Design engine compartment so oil dip stick and fluid check point can be easily accessed without climbing up.
- Design truck hood so it is easy to open with minimal force.