B.C. Matthews Hall
University of Waterloo
200 University Ave. West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519-888-4567, ext. 45513
For the driver:
- Adjust the seat into a position that is comfortable and allows for full access to the controls.
- Adjust the lumbar support throughout the shift.
- Adjust the mirrors to ensure good visibility while maintaining neutral neck postures.
- Adjust steering wheel to allow for comfortable arm positions.
- If fitted, adjust the air suspension on the seat.
- Take a short break every hour to get out of your seat and move around.
For the employer:
- When purchasing trucks, focus on good and user-friendly cab design – ensure controls and displays are designed considering human needs and that the seats are easily adjustable.
- Maintain trucks.
- For driving within the city, automatic transmission is preferable.
- Purchase trucks with climate control so driver may stay comfortable during summer and winter weather.