Dressing for Work
- CECA’s dress code is business casual and your attire should always be appropriate.
- What you wear should not distract others, make them feel uncomfortable, or portray an unprofessional image.
- The following are not considered appropriate for the business casual workplace:
- Muscle shirts
- Low cut shirts
- Any clothing that exposes the midriff
- Clothing with offensive language or pictures
- Clothing that is too short, tight, sheer or torn
General Work Hours
- General University of Waterloo working hours are 7 hours per day – 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – for 5 days a week.
- Depending on your role within CECA, you may be required to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Sick days: When you are ill and unable to come to work, please contact your supervisor by 8:30 a.m. Co-op students have a maximum of 2 sick days per term.
CECA Meeting Rooms
- The following meeting rooms are available for booking:
- First floor: TC1112 TC1113 TC1207 TC1208
- Second floor: TC2218A TC2218B TC2240
- The staff lounge has a fridge, microwave, toaster oven, kettle, toaster, dishwasher, dishes and some utensils which are available for staff use.
- Please ensure that your food is labelled in the fridge, the microwave and toaster oven are clean after you heat your food, and dishes are rinsed and placed into the dishwasher.
- Visit the CECA important dates calendar.
- University of Waterloo staff are paid on the last Friday of each month. Pay will be deposited directly into your bank account. You can view your paystubs by visiting MYHRINFO.
Income Tax (T4)
- Your annual T-4 statement will be available at MYHRINFO, in late February.
- Various areas of the building are secured after 5:00 pm.
- Each area’s security system operates independently and needs to be activated/deactivated separately.
- Every day between 4:30 pm and 9:00 pm (11:00 pm during final exams), a security guard is on duty and stationed at the Information Centre. The security guard performs regular rounds of the building until 9:00 pm each night.