Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- Pre-paid registrants may receive a refund, less a $100.00 administrative fee, if notice is received in writing two weeks prior to the start date of a workshop.
- If notification is received less than two weeks prior to the start date no refund is issued. However, credit may be applied toward another date or workshop within the following twelve months. A $50.00 (+HST) administrative fee is applied to a transfer in dates.
- Non-attendance at a workshop does not constitute withdrawal and no refund or transfer is applicable.
- Substitution of the registrant is permitted within a one-year time period.
- If any costs have been incurred on behalf of the participants who withdraw or do not attend sessions, these may be charged.
- For international participants who pay the associated training fee in full, but who are not successful at securing a visa to attend the workshop, the registration fee will be returned to the participant, less any administration fee that may be incurred to process the refund, provided written notice is received at least two weeks prior to the start date of the workshop.
- All refunds typically will be processed using the same payment method originally utilized for payment of fees, however this may require modification depending on factors such as time between registration and cancellation, etc.
The withdrawal/refund policy may differ for workshops offered in partnership with other organizations. Please contact the organizations directly for details.
You may take workshops for interest only, or obtain a Certificate in Conflict Management in one or more concentrations. No previous experience or undergraduate degree in conflict resolution is required. There is flexibility to design a program that meets your specific needs and interests, and to take workshops at your own pace. A maximum enrolment of 24 people per workshop ensures individual attention. Proficiency in written and spoken English is an asset. Workshops are from a Western perspective.
Certificate of participation
For online workshops a PDF Certificate of Participation will be available on request to participants who complete each individual workshop.
Certificate in Conflict Management
You are eligible for a Certificate in Conflict Management in a specific concentration upon completion of the requirements.
Conrad Grebel University College reserves the right to change the program workshops, dates, fees and guidelines without prior notice.
Due to the nature of the workshops offered, there may be some content overlap on basic issues.
Participants with significant recent comparable training may be eligible for Advanced Standing. A $125.00 administration fee applies to any workshop and/or field experience that is accepted. Some restrictions apply. Please contact Program Manager for details.
We prefer direct payment. No discount is applicable when an organization or individual is invoiced.
Payment may be made by VISA or MasterCard. Payment for workshops offered in partnership may be made directly to the respective partner.
The college reserves the right to cancel any workshop. Decisions to cancel due to insufficient enrolment are generally made no less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of a workshop, at which time you will be notified. Fees may be applied to another workshop or refunded in full. No administrative fee is applicable in the case of a cancellation. The college and/or facilitator(s) shall not be held responsible for any last minute cancellations or postponements due to weather and/or facilitator(s) injury/illness.
As professionals who are interested in co-creating a high quality learning experience, we know that your commitment to the workshop includes attending all of the training dates. Because we are committed to offering a professional program, we need to ensure that individuals who receive our certificates cover the full curriculum. In the case of an emergency or illness, time may be made up when the workshop is offered again within one year from the original workshop session date. A transfer is the usual and expected option and we share with you the expectation that the transfer mechanism will be used only under "exceptional" circumstances (e.g. illness, compassionate grounds). A $50.00 administrative fee applies for a transfer of part of a workshop to another date.
Transfers are dependent upon availability of space in a workshop. A transfer and any applicable administrative fee is valid for one year. After that time, original workshop payment and/or transfer opportunity will be forfeited. Should the cost of the workshop increase during this time, the participant is expected to pay the additional amount. It is the responsibility of the participant to make arrangements to process transfer requests.
Customized training (in-house)
We are available to bring our workshops directly to your workplace or organization, or we will customize training. Participants in any training that is two or more days in length will receive a certificate of participation which indicates completion of one workshop in the Certificate Program in Conflict Management.
Note: policy variations may apply to workshops offered in partnership with other organizations.