The value of the program
- Respond in creative and positive ways to the disputes and conflict you face on a daily basis.
- Learn skills and theory to develop confidence in your ability to effectively problem solve at work, home and in the community.
- Build mediation skills toward becoming a professional mediator.
- Participate for interest only or work toward a certificate in Conflict Management and Mediation.
- Learn from experienced practitioners, with an excellent reputation in their field of practice.
To receive a Certificate of Conflict Management and Mediation complete a minimum of 19 days (133 hours) of workshop attendance. Most (not all) topics are currently offered both online and in person and include:
- Six (6) days equivalent of core workshops:
- A minimum of thirteen (13) days equivalent of elective workshops:
There is no prescribed order in which to complete the workshops, although Understanding Conflict Foundations is recommended as a pre-requisite for several electives, such as Conflict Coaching Skills, Skills for Coaching Leaders, Transforming Group Dynamics.
Check the workshop listing for the day value of each workshop/delivery.
- The current cost of each individual workshop is noted on each workshop webpage
- Discounts are available when paid four weeks in advance. (or see online registration page)
- The average cost of a full certificate is from $5,500 to $6,500, plus HST depending on the choice of electives
- There are no additional administrative costs to participate in the full certificate, and participation does not have to be declared in advance