A Certificate of Completion in Electric Power Engineering is a non-degree program ideal for those seeking knowledge that can be applied in the workplace, or simply for those intrigued by the content of a single course.
- Honours Bachelor of Applied Science or equivalent degree (4 year)
- Applying with domestic credentials:
- A minimum 75% overall standing in the last two years of a four-year Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Applying with international credentials:
- A minimum 75% overall standing in a four-year Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Supplementary Information Form
- 2 references (at least 1 from an academic source) Note: Academic referees must have directly taught coursework or supervised research
- English language proficiency (ELP) examination score
- Determine if you are exempt from submitting an ELP examination score
NOTE: Graduate Records Examination (GRE) scores are not an application requirement for our graduate program, but can be submitted as part of your application package.
Begin your application at least two weeks prior to the deadlines below to give your referees enough time to submit references on your behalf, and to ensure you have enough time to upload the documents required.
All applicants have the same deadline whether they are international (study permit), Canadian, or a Permanent Resident of Canada.
Application submission is currently open for the following start dates:
|Complete your application by
|Spring 2023 (May 1, 2023)
|Fall 2023 (September 1, 2023)
|February 1, 2023
|Winter 2024 (January 1, 2024)
|June 1, 2023
|Spring 2024 (May 1, 2024)
|October 1, 2023
ALL required documents must be uploaded by the deadline date. We recommend you upload your documents within two weeks of receiving your Waterloo ID Number so we can begin reviewing your application package.
Note: Admission decisions are not made on a first-come first-served basis
Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) web page which answers many common questions regarding admission into an Electrical and Computer Engineering graduate program.
For any questions not answered on the FAQ page, e-mail the admissions coordinator. If you have submitted an application, please remember to include your 8-digit Waterloo ID Number in all correspondence.