The Payments and Expense Accounting group within Finance is responsible for the recording, payment, and control of the University’s non-salary expenses in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, established guidelines, University policy and sound business practices. This includes both reimbursements and direct invoice payments.
Specific guidance related to expenses are located on the Finance Resources website (WatIAM credentials required to log in).
- Guidelines for expenses
- Approval framework
- American Express Corporate Travel Card
- Independent Contractors
- Faculty Professional Expense Reimbursement (FPER)
- Petty Cash Reimbursements
- Expense reimbursement and travel related advances/settlements/claims:
- Regular, ongoing employees must submit claims for reimbursement using Concur
- Contract employees (< 1 year), Visitors, and Students use the following form: Expense Claim Form (.xlsx)
- Advances for Frederick Travel for employees must be submitted using this form: Expense Claim Form (.xlsx) (Note: this is not initiated in Concur)
Suppliers can email their invoices directly to Accounts Payable to email@example.com. Invoices should include some reference to the Purchase Order number (if applicable) and/or department/contact name so that the invoice can be appropriately routed for approvals once it has been entered into our system.