OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE
The Finance Department is a team of financial professionals who are committed to:
- Providing expert financial advice and guidance in support of the University achieving its vision;
- Adding value to University decision-making, enabling the University to maintain financial sustainability;
- Focusing on continuous improvement and strong controls; and
- Working to ensure strong financial operations and practices are in place,
- Working proactively, collaboratively, responsively; and
- Seeking to use modern, standardized processes that leverage technology.
We are committed to being a strategic advisor and delivering a variety of professional services to our community to support the operations of the University in fulfilling its strategic priorities. We will hold ourselves and each other accountable to our service values and professional standards to provide a vibrant student experience; engage with faculty, staff and students; build our campus community; be available in person, as needed; and be adaptable and inclusive.
OUR SERVICE VALUES
Vibrant student experience
We commit to and provide timely service and support in a way that provides clear and concise information. We are accountable for our service and professional standards and commitment.
Student, Staff and Faculty engagement
We aim to provide service that is effective, efficient, and transparent. We will partner with our campus resources to provide valuable and informative professional advice, protecting against risks to the University, and promoting the best interests of the University as a whole. We will work together as a team to foster an engaged and supportive environment.
We aim to strategically collaborate with campus partners through exceptional service and expert advice to enable long term, sustainable success, and impact.
We will make every effort to be available to address your inquiries in the preferable mode to your situation in a timely manner and will endeavor to acknowledge all inquiries within 2-3 business days. There are certain business processes that require longer lead times or high-volume times of the year (e.g., registration, year end) where longer response times may occur.
We recognize that each interaction is unique and will address you professionally and with respect.
- We will focus on continuous improvement, system-based processes and strong controls to support consistency and scalability of services.
- We will strive to ensure that all procedures, documents, tools, and website content are up to date to provide current guidance and information.
- We will ensure that our correspondence is professional and accurate.
We commit to providing self-service and publicly posted information for the most frequently requested categories of service. This may be done in several ways:
- Publication of self-service forms which is maintained up-to-date;
- Provision of an automated self-service request system; and/or
- Publication of procedural and instructional documentation.
We will provide fair access to our services. We will treat you with professionalism and respect.
Should you have comments or concerns with our service, please reach out to email@example.com.
This message was originally published in the Daily Bulletin on January 17, 2023.
"We are pleased to share that the University will be implementing an eProcurement system to modernize and gain efficiencies in our procurement to payment processes," says a memo from Jacinda Reitsma, Vice-President, Administration and Finance, Sarah Hadley, CFO, Finance, and Gregory Smith, CIO circulated to the University's Executive Council on Friday, January 12.
The 2023 Audited Financial Statements and Summary of Ancillary Enterprises Income and Expenses are now available. Please note, Financial Schedules require WatIAM authentication to access.
Please note, the 2022 Audited Financial Statements are now available.