Fees below are for Fall 2021 term only. Incidental fees are subject to change. Due date is August 24, 2021.
University of Waterloo bills students one term at a time:
- Fall Term – September to December
- Winter Term – January to April
- Spring Term – May to August
- With the exception of Engineering and Optometry programs, tuition is assessed for each 0.5-unit course, and prorated for other course credit weights.
- Students in Optometry & Engineering degree programs are charged a program fee equal to the maximum tuition charge and are only charged the per course rate during a non-degree term.
- In the Fall & Winter terms, the Optometry program fee includes a $450.00 special assessment.
- Bachelor of Social Work students are charged at the Arts Regular rate.
- Tuition rates are the same regardless of how the course is delivered (in person, online or a combination) and whether you take the course for credit or general, or audit it.
- Any course load of more than 2.5 units will be charged the maximum tuition fee indicated for that program.
- Any course load of 1.5 or more units will be charged full-time incidental fees, regardless of how the course is being delivered (in-person, online, blended), and whether you are taking the course to meet degree requirements, or for general interest.
- Post-degree students and students enrolled in a non-degree term are charged per course at the year 2 rate.
- Dropping a course may or may not result in a refund depending on when the course is dropped and your course load before and after the drop; please contact Student Financial Services if you need clarification before dropping a course.
Learn more about the non-tuition fees charged to your student account each term you are enrolled in at least one course.
2021/2022 Co-op Fee: $739.00
- Co-op fees represent the cost of running the co-op program, spread out over a specific number of academic terms. They are not directly related to specific work terms and are not “placement fees” or “internship fees”.
- Co-op and Work Report Marking Fees are charged to Co-op students for a prescribed number of academic terms, corresponding to their particular program. If a student is required to register for additional academic terms to complete degree requirements, we will remove the extra Co-op & Work Report Marking Fees.
- Co-op students in the PharmD program are exempt from paying the Co-op Fee and Work Report Marking Fee in term 1A, 1B, 4A and 4B.
- Co-op students in Accounting programs, Health, Architecture, Arts, Environment, and Science are exempt from paying the Co-op Fee and Work Report Marking Fee in terms 1A & 1B.
- Double Degree Business & Math students and Double Degree Business & Computer Science students are exempt from paying the Co-op Fee and Work Report Marking Fee in terms 4A, 4B, 5A & 5B
- Check out the Co-op fee FAQs to learn more about the cost associated with enrolling in a co-op program.
Tuition and residence refunds
- Withdrawal or program completion effective on or before the 100% refund deadline will result in all of your charges for the term being removed.
- Withdrawal or program completion effective on or before the 50% refund deadline will result in a 50% adjustment to the charges for tuition, student services fees, and co-op and work report marking fees (if applicable) only. All other charges will remain on your account.
- For detailed information on refunds for housing charges, please see Campus Housing.
Bridge to Academic Success in English (BASE) - offered Fall & Winter terms only
|Math Students||All other students|
|BASE program fee||$8,450.00||$8,450.00|
|University course fee (per 0.5 unit)||$4,603.40||$4,252.00|
|Incidental fees (excluding HST)||$878.94||$878.94|
|Total (excluding HST)||$13,932.94||$13,580.94|