An award valued at least $1,500, will be provided annually in alternating years to a graduate student enrolled in Global Governance or Environment and Resource Studies. The purpose of this award is to assist students with travel costs associated with conducting research for their final dissertation. This fund is made possible by a donation from Drs. Thomas Homer-Dixon and Sarah Wolfe and is intended to assist with the cost of completing field research.
- MA and PhD students registered full-time or part-time in the Global Governance program or full-time in the Environment and Resource Studies program. Preference will be given to PhD students.
- The award is to assist students with travel costs associated with conducting field research for their final dissertation. (This award is intended to provide support for future research travel, and not past experiences. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are able to confirm details of their intended experience by the application deadline.)
- Selection to be based on academic achievement (minimum academic average of 80%), estimated costs for field research, and a supporting letter from your faculty advisor (supervisor).
- Selection will rotate on an annual basis between the Global Governance and the Environment and Resource Studies programs. Students are encouraged to contact their Department Graduate Co-ordinator to inquire whether their department is accepting applications in the current academic year.
- Award bursary application
- Complete the appropriate application on our forms page
- Attach required documentation (as per application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below
Candidates should apply using the Briarhurst Travel and Research Application form on the Graduate Studies Forms web page.