One award, valued at $2,400, is provided annually to students enrolled full time in the Faculty of Environment at the University of Waterloo. Students must be participating in an eligible exchange/study abroad program, an eligible international co-op work term, an internship opportunity or be conducting research relevant to their program outside of Canada during the fall term. Preference will be given to students with financial need for the term abroad. Interested students should apply by July 15. This fund is made possible by a donation from Ellsworth and Karen LeDrew in support of UW’s efforts to educate globally literate and world-ready graduates.
- Open to students registered full time in any year in the Faculty of Environment at the University of Waterloo who will be participating in an eligible exchange/study abroad program, an eligible international co-op work term, internship opportunity or conducting research relevant to their program, outside of Canada during the Fall term.
- The first two awards will be assigned to eligible graduate students (2022 & 2023), while the last three awards will be assigned to undergraduate students (2024, 2025, 2026).
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need for the term(s) abroad, with consideration given to the destination, partnership agreements (for study abroad/exchange), and the amount of salary/compensation (for co-op positions).
- These awards will be advertised on the Student Awards & Financial Aid (SAFA) and Graduate Studies website through their Awards databases as appropriate.
- Interested students are to apply using the appropriate International Experience Award application
form found on the SAFA or GSPA website by July 15.
- Selection will be made by SAFA or GSPA in consultation with Co-operative Education, Waterloo
International, or the Student Success Office, as required.
- International Graduate Experience Award application:
- In the term prior to your travel, complete the International Graduate Experience Award application
- Attach required documentation (as per the application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below