Early August 2020:
- Program details available on SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships website /CGS D Program website, and SSHRC’s Online Application System is open.
As soon as possible - September 18, 2020:
- Applicants request official transcripts through the SSHRC Doctoral Scholarships – applicant transcript request form from all current and previous post-secondary institutions and upload electronic copies to their application.
- Deadline for students to request their transcripts through Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) is Friday, September 18.
September 19, 2020 – October 16, 2020:
- Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) locates all requested transcripts using Waterloo’s online applicant system and merges all transcripts into one PDF document. This is then emailed to the applicant so that they may upload the transcripts to their application.
- Note: Students are unable to submit their application until transcripts are uploaded.
October 17, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. (ET):
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION THROUGH SSHRC online system PORTAL – Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered, even though the system may allow you to submit.
- Applicants are unable to submit their applications until they are complete (which includes CV, transcripts, and references letters). Applicants must “submit” to complete the application process.
As soon as possible - October 20, 2020
- GSPA saves each SSHRC application to department folders in SharePoint.
- GSPA prepares spreadsheets for departments by end of day on October 20, 2020.
October 21 - October 28, 2020
- Departments review and rank their applications in SharePoint.
- NOTE: GSPA will only be confirming eligibility for those applications recommended for endorsement by the university-wide scholarship selection committee.
- Departments complete and save a copy of their ranking sheets to SharePoint for GSPA use by October 28, 2020.
October 28, 2020:
- Deadline for departments to upload their completed spreadsheets with rankings to SharePoint.
November 2 - 9, 2020
- GSPA gives access to the institutional selection committee members to review the applications that will be discussed at the selection meeting on November 13, 2020.
- Selection committee members complete and save a copy of their ranking sheets to SharePoint for GSPA use by November 9, 2020.
November 13, 2020:
- Institutional selection committee meeting to determine applicants selected for endorsement.
November 16 - 20, 2020
- GSPA to confirm eligibility of endorsed applicants and notify applicants of corrections required.
November 20 - 21, 2020:
- GSPA to forward recommended applications to agency based on SSHRC-assigned quota.
November 23 - December 2020:
- GSPA to notify department graduate co-ordinators and applicants of the application status.
- SSHRC to release results to applicants via the SSHRC Extranet for Applicants and to institutions as well.
August 26, 2020