This presentation will be filled with strategies for increasing your physical activity levels. We will debunk the idea of motivation while discussing the importance of finding your why. We will walk through actionable steps to help you develop sustainable habits over time.
You will learn a how using the concept or mantra of 1% better can change all of your habits, including those directly related to physical activity.
Stacey Majaury is the Conditioning Coordinator at the University of Waterloo. She graduated with a Bachelor of Physical and Health Education from Laurentian University with a specialty in Health Promotion. Her work experiences are vast and include Strength and Conditioning Coach at the University of Waterloo, where she coached varsity athletes in a variety of sports. Health Promotion Director for the Canadian Forces where she facilitated courses on a variety of topics including those on social wellness, nutritional wellness, addiction free and active living. Most recently she acts as an assistant coach for Precision Nutrition.
She has spent countless hours furthering her education and knowledge base. As such, she holds the following accreditation:
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
- Certified Exercise Physiologist (CSEP)
- Precision Nutrition Coach - Level 2
- Workplace Wellness and Health Promotion Post Graduate Certificate (Centennial College)
She is a fairly new mom with two small girls under the age of 4. When she does have some spare time you can find her in the weight room, on the golf course or cooking!
- Registration is required through Eventbrite.
- This session will be recorded and made available to University of Waterloo graduate students and postdocs through our secure conference recording request form. Please check the conference webpage approximately one week after the live session.
- A link to the live session will be emailed to registered attendees two days prior to the event, as well as the day of the event.