As our familiarity and experience with the Jira Service Management (JSM) platforms grows, we continue to implement changes aimed at improving your overall experience, while also testing and configuring new features and functionality released by the vendor. Here's a look at some of the work we've been focused on since our last update.
- IST JSM Help Portal redesign
- The initial version of our IST Help Portal page was busy and overwhelming to clients. It displayed a lot text and used a small font that was difficult to read. The recent redesign offers a cleaner, more streamlined view of options for clients to choose from. Within each category clients can further drill down to find the specific area or topic they require assistance with. While we were unable to increase the size of the font used, reducing the amount of text on the page makes it much easier to scan and find what you're looking for.
- IST will be reaching out to campus partners to gather feedback regarding this change, and possible future enhancements.
- Migrating Jira Software (on-premises) to Jira Cloud
- Over the last month, we've been working to migrate Jira Software projects to the Jira Software Cloud environment. IST Service Desk staff are communicating directly with project owners regarding this work, which is planned to be completed by the end of the summer term.
- Implementing a change management approach to track changes made to the Atlassian environment
- IST has a great Atlassian Admin team who are responsible for learning the ins and outs of the system and ensuring everything is working as expected. But with lots of cooks in the kitchen, it can be tricky keeping track of the changes made, new bugs or issues, and newly released features. The team has implemented a change management approach to weekly meetings, communicating and logging the changes made, the motivation for the change, and any impact it may have had on another part of the system. This has improved trouble shooting and investigation of issues and ensures all members of the admin team are aware of what other team members are working on.
- Customer satisfaction reporting
We want to hear from you!
Have a suggestion for improving your experience? Wondering about a certain piece of functionality? Let us know! Submit your questions, comments, feedback or suggestions via the IST Help Portal.
Learn more about JSM
- Get started with Jira Service Management – IST Knowledge Base support articles
- Jira Service Management quick reference guide (RT vs. JSM)
- Jira Service Management website
- Jira Service Management training session for IST staff - October 27, 2021 (recording)
- Jira Service Management training session for IST staff - May 12, 2021 (recording)