Update: As communicated on February 27, 2023, Stream (Classic) is being retired in February 2024 and replaced by Stream (on SharePoint). IST will be migrating videos from Stream (Classic) to Stream (on SharePoint). Please review the migration details below.
Video migration schedule:
- Starting May 23, 2023, videos that are associated with a M365 group or channel will be migrated to a new folder in the corresponding Microsoft Team called ‘Stream migrated videos.' Each channel in the group becomes a folder under the 'Stream migrated videos' folder. Teams meeting recordings of the channel would be filed under the 'Recordings' folder.
- Starting May 29, 2023, videos that are not associated with a M365 group or channel (i.e., client videos) will be migrated to a new folder in the OneDrive of the user who uploaded the video called 'Stream migrated videos.' Teams meeting recordings of the channel would be filed under the ‘Recordings’ folder.
Location of videos: If you are unsure of where your videos are located after migration, search for them on the new Stream start page, which displays all the videos you have access to across M365 (SharePoint sites, Microsoft Teams, and your OneDrive.)
Embed codes and links: After migration, embed codes and links from Stream (Classic) will redirect to the video’s new location on Stream (on SharePoint).
Move videos within M365 platform:
- After migration (or at any time), you can easily move your videos to another location in M365. For how-to steps see, Move files and folders between OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Before moving files, see When to choose OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, or SharePoint Online for guidance on where to store your videos.
- If a video needs to be retained by your department, then the video should be saved in a shared location (Teams, SharePoint), not in an individual employee’s OneDrive.
- If you move a video within M365, the embed codes/links from Stream (Classic) will no longer redirect to the new location.
Learn more about using Stream (on SharePoint)