What is happening? Information Systems & Technology’s Web Development team is excited to announce the launch of the new Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) 3 platform.
What does this mean? Standard (FDSU), non-custom WCMS 3 websites, hosted in the new Pantheon environment, are now available for request.
Site owners can request a new website in WCMS 3.
Site owners can schedule the migration of a WCMS 2 website to WCMS 3.
In lieu of migration, site owners can also request a WCMS 3 site and begin to rebuild an existing WCMS 2 website.
What is different in WCMS 3?
- Most changes will be noticeable to content maintainers working within the system to build websites.
- There may be some visual changes to websites (e.g., content layout).
- The left-hand vertical menu will now appear as a horizontal menu near the top of the website.
- The “Log in” link has been removed from website footers.
- See the Initial release comparison web page to see what will and what won’t be available at launch.
- Watch the new WCMS 3 videos to learn more about these changes and compare WCMS 2 to WCMS 3.
Which sites/themes are impacted by this launch?
This launch only impacts sites that want to use the current standard (FDSU) theme.
This does not include the conference, publication, or single-page themes.
This does not include authenticated sites or sites that require custom modules.
The launch of WCMS 3 does not impact Waterloo Scholar websites.
Questions or concerns? Please submit to email@example.com.