Please share with employees and students in your department.
What is happening? The campus-wide Zoom license is now available for employees and students; pro/educational licenses are available for employees and graduate students, and basic licenses are available for undergraduate students.
- IST is continuing to migrate existing University of Waterloo Zoom users to the campus-wide license.
- The integration of Zoom with LEARN is currently underway and is expected to be complete during the first week of August.
If you do not have an existing Zoom account: Faculty, staff, and students can create an account by going to https://uwaterloo.zoom.us, clicking Sign In, and logging in with their firstname.lastname@example.org credentials.
If you have an existing Zoom account: Migrate your account to the campus-wide license using the steps below.
- If your Zoom account username is not email@example.com, update your username.
- Go to https://uwaterloo.zoom.us and click 'Sign In'. Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org login credentials. The first time you login, you will be asked to migrate your existing account. Follow the prompts to migrate your account.
- If you have a paid Zoom account, Zoom will update your account balance and you can request a refund by calling Zoom Support: +1.888.799.9666 ext 2.
- The ability to log in with Zoom credentials will be disabled at a later date and users will be required to log in with their University of Waterloo credentials.
- To optimize the reimbursement of your remaining account balance, it is recommended that you create or migrate your Zoom account as soon as possible. If you have an upcoming Zoom event, you can create or migrate your Zoom account at your convenience after the event date.
- For Zoom Support, visit the Zoom Help Center or call +1.888.799.9666 ext 2 for account balance inquiries
- Zoom Support Guidelines
- University of Waterloo Zoom licensing information
- For information regarding licensing, email email@example.com
- Zoom support articles - IST Knowledge Base (will be expanded on as resources are created)
Questions or concerns? Please submit to the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org.