We want you to have an exciting, rigorous, and collaborative graduate experience, where you can:
- study with faculty doing cutting edge research
- actively engage with research from other disciplines
- enjoy a lively and warm departmental culture
- develop skills in our professionalization workshops
- learn from and get to know speakers in our colloquium and visiting researcher series
- participate in the annual Philosophy Graduate Student Association conference
- prepare for academic and non-academic careers
The Philosophy Department offers a one-year MA program and two four-year PhD programs: a PhD in Philosophy, and a PhD in Applied Philosophy.
Because of budget issues that concern how universities are funded by Ontario’s provincial government, the Faculty of Arts is currently limiting the number of international students we can admit. For Fall 2023 admission, the Department of Philosophy expects to have one funded space in our MA program for an international student (that is, a student who is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident) and no spaces in our PhD programs. However, we welcome inquiries from prospective international students who have external funding. Please contact the department's Associate Chair, Graduate Studies.
We also offer Graduate Diplomas in Cognitive Science and Theoretical Neuroscience.
Graduate Studies Contacts
Ashley Price Graduate Coordinator
- application process
- graduate funding
- academic forms
- academic deadlines
- course enrollment
Doreen Fraser Associate Chair of Graduate Studies
- program requirements
- academic advising