Vendor: West-Bond Inc.
Purpose: Used for making electrical contacts between semiconductor dies and packages
The Westbond 4546E wirebonder is a semi-automatic wedge bond tool with microprocessor controllable motion in Z and Y axes. This tool uses ultrasonic energy to bond wire leads between wafer dies and contact pads of electronic packages. The 4546E is typically left configured for 1 mil (25 μm) Al wire (wedge bonding configuration).
System features and options:
- Convertible between 45° wedge and 90° (deep access) wedge bonding
- Compatible with Al and Au wires from 0.7 mil to 2 mil in diameter for room temperature thermosonic bonding
- Multiple heated workholders available
- 5 W, 63 kHz transducer
- Look down camera and screen for bond placement
- Programmable bonding steps for repeatable wire profile control