Specialized equipment resources are managed by Prof. David Cory's group and located in various lab spaces in the RAC2 building. Access to this specialized equipment is facilitated by the QNFCF for the benefit of the University of Waterloo and Quantum Colaboratory communities.
- Sputter/E-beam: Dual chamber deposition system [AJA-Sputter-EBeam]
Omicron MBE system (8 modules)*
- OMICRON-MBE-Metal (MBE growth of metal films)
- OMICRON-MBE-MM (sputter deposition of magnetic materials)
- OMICRON-MBE-MOX (MBE growth of metal oxides)
- OMICRON-MBE-SC (sputter deposition of superconducting materials)
- OMICRON-MBE-TI (MBE growth of topological insulators)
- OMICRON-Org-chamber (loadlock and wafer storage)
*Due to system complexity, training on this system only available for individuals with a need for regular use. Infrequent users should pursue fee-for-service options.