Vendor: Angstrom Engineering Inc.
Model: Nexdep system with glovebox
Purpose: Physical vapour deposition of thin films via thermal evaporation
The Angstrom Engineering thermal evaporator is capable of evaporating a limited number of materials using thermal evaporation. The primary purpose of this system is for depositing Au-Be contacts in to make reliable p-type contacts for III-V semiconductors. The system is installed in a negative pressure glovebox to contain any beryllium dust. For a comprehensive list of available processes and disallowed processes, please consult the equipment wiki page.
System features and options:
- Four thermal evaporation sources (via resistive heating)
- Pumping by 700 L/s turbopump
- Substrate size compatibility from small pieces to 100 mm wafers
- Automated substrate tilting stage with a range of ±70°
- Base pressure of < 1x10-7 Torr
- Processes Available: Au, AuBe, Ti