Records of competitions to fill regular faculty positions in the University.
Related Records | Responsible Unit | Information Steward | Information Confidentiality Classification | Retention | Disposition | Authority | Retention Rationale | Other Units with Copies | Version Information
Content & Scope
This records class includes regular faculty appointments as defined in Policy 76 – Faculty Appointments.
The records include candidates' application materials, hiring and appointment committee records, University Appointments Review Committee (UARC) records, applications for a labour market opinion for hiring foreign academics, and related correspondence.
- For the records of faculty appointments other than regular, see HR08 – Appointments (Non-Regular).
- For the employment files of regular faculty members, see HR22 – Employment Files (Regular Faculty) and HR52 – Employment Files (Financial).
- Academic departments and schools.
- Vice-President, Academic & Provost.
Associate Provost, Human Resources.
1 year after the appointment process has been completed, except that the application file and the appointment letter of the successful candidate become part of that person's employment file.
- The application files of candidates who were not short listed may be securely destroyed after a shorter period if prior notice has been given to the candidates.
- Aggregated data on faculty appointments collected by UARC are retained indefinitely.
Policy 76 – Faculty Appointments.
Retention is based on regulations to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requiring that personal information be retained for a minimum of one year after its use, unless the individual to whom the information relates consents to its earlier disposal (RRO 1990 Reg 460, s 5(1)), and the limitation period under the Human Rights Code (s. 34).
Appointment/hiring committee members.
Retention of Copies
Until the appointment process has been completed.
Disposition of Copies
26 October 2011