Records of competitions to fill regular non-union and regular unionized staff positions in the University.
Related Records | Responsible Unit | Information Steward | Information Confidentiality Classification | Retention | Disposition | Authority | Retention Rationale | Other Units with Copies | Version Information
Content & Scope
This class includes records of appointments of regular full-time and regular part-time staff as defined in Policy 54, and regular ongoing and regular recurring employees and apprentices as defined in the union agreement between the University and C.U.P.E Local 793.
The records include advertisements, candidates' application materials, hiring committee records, interview questions and notes, rankings, references, and related correspondence.
- A summary record of all jobs applied to is maintained as part of the employment file for all internal applicants.
- For the employment files of regular staff, see HR24: Employment Files (Regular Staff) and HR52: Employment Files (Financial).
- Human Resources.
- Hiring units.
Associate Provost, Human Resources.
1 year after the appointment process has been completed, except that the application materials and appointment letter of the successful candidate become part of that person's employment file.
- Policy 18 – Staff Employment.
- Policy 54 – Definition of Staff.
- Union Agreement between the University of Waterloo and the Canadian Union of Public Employees C.L.C. Local 793.
Retention is based on regulations to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requiring that personal information be retained for a minimum of one year after its use, unless the individual to whom the information relates consents to its earlier disposal (RRO 1990 Reg 460, s 5(1)), and the limitation period under the Human Rights Code (s. 34).
Hiring committee members.
Retention of Copies
Until the appointment process has been completed.
Disposition of Copies
26 October 2011