Records of activities for recruiting new students to the University's undergraduate and graduate programs.
Content & Scope
Student recruitment activities include campus tours, open houses, participation in information fairs, high school liaison, international recruitment initiatives, etc.
The records include databases for campus tours, open houses, and high school liaison, event planning materials, presentations, schedules, registration and attendance lists, and related correspondence.
For records related to potential applicants, see ST15 – Prospective Students.
- Marketing & Undergraduate Recruitment.
- Other units which participate in or host recruitment activities.
- Registrar, for undergraduate recruitment.
- Associate Vice-President, Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs, for graduate recruitment.
- Public: Presentations, promotional publications and other materials intended for public release.
- Restricted: Registration and attendance lists, and other records containing the personal information of prospective students.
- Confidential: all other records.
- Operational records (e.g., school contact information, presentations, etc.): Until superseded by new information or obsolete.
- Records related to individual prospective students (e.g., event registration lists, etc.): 1 year.
Responsible Units should document the disposal/destruction of official records using the University records destruction form or equivalent documentation, to verify that we are following our records retention rules.
The retention period is based on operational use.
26 July 2010