The Staff Excellence Fund (SEF) provides funding for projects to enhance the working environment at the University of Waterloo. These funds are allocated by the Provost’s Advisory Committee on Staff Compensation (PACSC). PACSC actively seeks staff input on worthwhile projects to be funded.
UW Staff are encouraged to propose initiatives to be funded in the following areas:
Healthy Workplace Initiatives
Proposals could include fitness courses, workshops on healthy living, seminars on work-life balance, etc.
Engagement and Leadership Development
Proposals could include guest speakers or courses to enhance leadership skills among staff.
Successful proposals will:
- meet the goals of the aforementioned initiatives
- enhance our working environment
- be implemented quickly and should have a duration of no more than 2 years (proposals may be submitted again to be considered for continued funding)
- benefit many people
- encourage cooperation and collaboration across departments
- not fund construction costs or capital infrastructure
Proposals must not be currently funded or organized by the University and ongoing costs will not be covered. Proposals should also avoid creating tax benefits for employees.