This week's Web Dev Rev notes started with Drupal:
- Composer plugins provided by Drupal now compatible with Composer 2
- Drupal core updated with PHPUnit 9
- PHP 7.3 core tests will still use PHPUnit 8; update is for PHP 8 compatibility
- Drupal project templates no longer use minimum-stability "dev"
- the next generation of Lullabot
- remote development lessons from the Drupal 9 team
- cleaning up database tables to speed up development cycles
- web development strategy in a Drupal 9 world
Finally, we had the more general web notes:
- take the MDN web developer needs assessment survey
- what's new in Firefox 82
- what's new in Chrome 87 beta
- introducing Microsoft Edge preview builds for Linux
- Chrome taking steps to reduce abusive notification content
- preventing conflicts when upgrading to Composer 2
- comparing styling methods in 2020
- the :focus-visible trick
- progressive font enrichment: evaluation report
- 7 myths designers and developers believe about web accessibility
- free font from the Braille Institute: Atkinson Hyperlegible
- find your typographic superpower
At the end of the meeting, we recommended people watch "Boost Your Visibility in Google Search: Implementing Schema in Drupal 8" from Drupal GovCon 2020.
Web Dev Rev will be back next week, on Friday, October 30th at 11:00am.