Join other emerging leaders for a frank discussion on the impacts of anti-black racism in the design and development industry.
Sam Oboh - Vice President, Ensight+ Architecture
Camille Mitchell - Architect, Gensler | BAIDA
Cheryll Case - Principal Urban Planner, CP Planning
Naki Osutei - Associate Vice President, Social Impact, TD Bank
Ossie Airewele - Design and Project Lead, Quadrangle
Anti-Black racism and its systemic roots has come to the forefront of the collective consciousness in North America and around the world. We recognize that our industry is not immune from generations of inequality, and as such the Emerging Leaders Network invites you to an evening of open and honest dialogue facilitated by industry peers from a broad range of backgrounds and disciplines.
Topics for discussion will include:
- how unconscious bias and structural racism presents;
- an exploration into the need for inclusive education;
- representation in the workplace;
- how anti-Black racism is experienced in the built environment; and
- how to facilitate positive change from our position as future industry leaders.
This virtual event will take the form of a panel discussion with a follow up Q&A period. Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing the event link.
Visit the event website below for more information on the panelists and to register.