Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering
- Smart structures, actuators, biomechanics, assistive devices, human-robot interaction, wearable sensors (fitness, monitoring, fall prevention, Alzheimer's)
- Ophthalmic instrumentation, senors, technologies and hardware design (MRI, CT, ultrasound)
- Micro-energy harvester through human locomotion
- Magnetically driven medical microrobots for drug delivery and microsurgery
- Regenerative prosthetic knee, and cost-effective prosthetic leg (structural design, sensory system, and controller)
- Micromanipulation using magnetic levitation
- Auto-focusing mechanism for microscopy using electrorestrictive
- Clean room applications
[Waterloo Stories] August 28, 2018 "New sensor could help doctors monitor patient progress from a distance"
[Waterloo Stories] March 2, 2014 "Charge your phone while you shovel - and shiver"
Application Areas→Rehabilitation, Targeted Drug Delivery, Wearable Devices; Technology Areas→Actuators, Medical Devices, Robotics, Sensors; Discipline Areas→Biomechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering; Faculty→Engineering