Biomedical Discussion Group
The Biomedical Discussion Group presents on a variety of topics within biomedicine or technologies that could be applied within the biomedical field.
Lectures are held the third Thursday of every month and are open to all faculty, postdocs, students, staff, and visiting researchers. Presentation times may vary. Registration is required for each event.
- Learn about new and exciting research developments
- Network across other faculties and departments
- Collaborate on potential grants/funding opportunities
- Indulge in coffee and cookies while getting inspired!
CBB can help with:
- Event advertising
- Logistical set-up
- Video recording for CBB’s YouTube library or personal use
- Some financial support to bring in an external guest to present
- Planning, co-hosting or cost sharing with your home department
August 18, 2016 - Note time change 3:30-4:30
"Image-based models of solid tumors behavior in diagnosis, treatment, and prediction"
Dr. Madjid Soltani, Post Doctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins University and Director, Computational Medicine Institute (CMI) at KNT University of Technology and Ministry of Health, Iran. [Poster] [Registration]
Keywords: imaging, tumor image diagnostics, tumor treatment and progression, predictive modeling, therapy planning, mathematical modeling of tumor growth, transport phenomena to biological and physiological systems, drug delivery to solid tumors
September 15, 2016 - No event
October 20, 2016 - No event
Keywords: imaging, biomarker, Alzheimer's disease, amyloid deposits, retinas, non-invasive imaging, optical coherence tomography
December 15, 2016 - No event