The Centre for Bioengineering and Biotechnology (CBB) will be hosting a kick-off event on Thursday September 19, 2013 for National Biotechnology Week which runs September 20-27. CBB will be highlighting and increasing the awareness of work that is being conducted in the biotech area through faculty lectures and presentations showcasing graduate student work. Visit our events page for a list of other events happening during NBW!
EVENT DATE: Thursday September 19, 2013
TIME: 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
RSVP: Please register by emailing Krystina, as space is limited.
NOTE: Event is FREE to attend. Light refreshments will be served.
PARKING: Visitor Parking between E5 and E6 buildings. (Map)
- Hear guest speaker Dr. Jason Field, Executive Director of Life Sciences Ontario speak on "Ontario Life Sciences Sector - Challenges & Opportunities".
- Listen in on faculty and graduate student lectures and learn more about their current research in biotechnology.
- Network and meet with representatives from Industry and UW student groups.
- FREE to attend, however please register as space is limited.
- Stay for the informal reception following the event.
For faculty and graduate students who are interested in presenting, we ask that you register for the event, and submit a 100 word abstract on your work to email@example.com. Please aim for a 15 minute maximum presentation, plus 5 minutes for questions. Submissions will be subject to panel review, and acceptance notices will be sent to presenters by Friday September 13. Deadline for submissions are due by end of day, Monday September 9, 2013.
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1