Thrive is a series of events focused on building positive mental health for University of Waterloo students, faculty, and staff. Thrive is also a mindset that encourages you to flourish. We all have mental health, and we can each strengthen our mental health by learning about it, thinking about it, talking about it, and discovering new skills and resources to help us Thrive all year long.
Our Fall Thrive Week is November 2 to 6
Attend these events to show your support for building positive mental health on and off campus:
- Thrive Creative Showcase
- Move to Thrive: Thrive Walk
- Mindful Morsels: Thrive Through Cooking
- Thrive to Success: Managing Stress in University
- Noon Hour Concert: Noondaagochige
- Student Mental Health Research Conference
- For a full listing of events, check out the Fall 2020 Thrive week schedule of events
Thrive builds on the success of our previous annual Mental Health Wellness Day event and expands on the foundations created by it. The Thrive week initiative was developed by the University of British Columbia in the spring of 2009 and has been adopted by more than 11 Canadian colleges and universities.