Thrive is a series of events focused on building positive mental health for University of Waterloo students, faculty, and staff. Thrive is also a mindset that encourages you to flourish. We all have mental health, and we can each strengthen our mental health by learning about it, thinking about it, talking about it, and discovering new skills and resources to help us Thrive all year long.
Our Fall Thrive Week is November 4 to 8
Wear your Thrive T-shirt on November 5 and attend these events to show your support for building positive mental health on campus:
- Determined to Thrive—with Heroic Minds, Mental Wellness Panel
- Thrive Walk and United Way ‘Souper’ Tuesday
- More Feet on the Ground Mental Health Training for Students
- What's Your Big Lie? (WYBL) Wellness Days Pop-Up Exhibit
- Building Community through Play
- Uplifting Messages with Balloons
- For a full listing of events click here
Thrive builds on the success of our previous annual Mental Health Wellness Day event and expands on the foundations created by it. The Thrive week initiative was developed by the University of British Columbia in the spring of 2009 and has been adopted by more than 11 Canadian colleges and universities.