Interested in doing a work term abroad, obtaining a summer job overseas, or full time international employment after graduation? Take a look at these websites for more information:

  • My World Abroad
    Includes information on enhancing your international skill set, searching for international internships and jobs, directories of international organization and much more. Set-up a free account with your UW email address
  • Transitions Abroad
    Great for information on travel, study, internships, and work abroad 
  • Go Abroad
    A site for students and recent graduates who are interested in getting international work experience
  • World Business Culture
    Gain knowledge on cultural differences for international business success
  • Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
    News and events related to travel for foreign nationals to (or in) the U.S.

Applying to U.S. employment opportunities

If you have U.S. citizenship or a U.S. GREEN Card you do not require any further employer authorization to be employed in the United States.

All other nationalities must obtain employment authorization to be eligible to work in the United States.

A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship. See details online.

See the U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Canada for detailed information for people interested in traveling to the United States.

There are U.S. based job search resources. Checkout Jumpstart for U.S.-based opportunities in tech.