We offer a wide range of workshops and events that are open to ALL students (co-op, regular, undergraduate, graduate and alumni) to help you meet your career goals.
In these workshops and events, our team of Career Advisors cover popular career topics like:
- Résumé tips: thinking like an employer
- Interviews: preparing for questions and proving your skills
- Mastering your job search
- Exploring career pathways
- Exploring your personality type
- Résumés, careers and personal branding
- Successfully negotiating job offers
- Annual career development events (see a full list here)
Check out the sections below for instructions on how to attend workshops or request a custom offering.
Attend a workshop
To browse and register for upcoming workshops and events:
- Log into WaterlooWorks
- Click the “Career Centre Events” tab on the left navigation pane
- Select a workshop/event to view the description
- Follow the prompts to register
- Review your event history within the “Events” tab
Tip: to prepare for and make the most of your workshop/event experience, review related material within CareerHub before attending!
If you convocated before 2001, you will need to perform a one-time reactivation of your WatIAM account. Instructions can be found on the Centre for Career Action Alumni page.
Attend workshops to learn from our Career Advisors and share ideas with other university colleagues!
Request a custom workshop
If you are interested in a custom workshop from the Centre for Career Action, please provide us details through the Workshop Request Form.