What’s an Employer Information Session (EIS)?
An EIS is an on-campus recruiting event hosted by an employer looking to hire Waterloo students directly into their organization and is hosted in partnership with Co-operative and Experiential Education (CEE) at the University of Waterloo.
Why you should attend:
- Learn about potential job opportunities and the work you would do in the fields targeting your academic program
- Connect directly with employers in a networking environment
- Practice and apply your networking skills with employers
- Discover employers' workplace culture
- Gain insight into the hiring process (interview information and preparation)
- Learn from the experiences of past co-op students and alumni who work for the employers
- Support informed decision-making and increase job fit and job match success
Note: Remember to wear business attire to all EIS, unless told otherwise
EIS are target-specific
- By program discipline,
- student type (co-op and graduating), and
- student level (junior, intermediate, senior, masters, and PhD)
EIS calendar in Waterloo Works
- Check the Employer Information Sessions Calendar in WaterlooWorks for specific details of the EIS you plan to attend to ensure the program disciplines, student type, and levels being targeted cater to your needs.
- View the Employer Information Sessions Calendar in WaterlooWorks for a listing of the EIS booked to date. Be sure to check the calendar frequently for new EIS being hosted, and changes to existing EIS.
- Register to attend a specific EIS by clicking on the EIS you want to attend under the Employer Information Sessions Calendar in WaterlooWorks, and then clicking on the registration link.
- If you registered for an EIS, and can no longer attend, be sure to cancel your registration.
- Registration doesn’t guarantee admission. Students are admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis.