Benefits of experiencing a new culture
Do you dream about travelling and developing new skills? An international co-op experience can help you realize those dreams. Every year, more than 3,000 Waterloo co-op students travel to over 60 countries such as China, the United States, Germany and more! Here are some of our top reasons to consider a work abroad experience:
- Gain new skills: Develop key professional skills like adaptability, resilience, communication and collaboration by working in a new country.
- Competitive advantage: Build an international network of colleagues and mentors while differentiating your resume with new global insights.
- Intercultural effectiveness: Learn to appreciate and navigate cultural differences to work effectively anywhere.
- Discover new things about you: Broaden your horizons, discover new interests and learn how to thrive outside of your comfort zone.
Hear from your fellow students about their experience, where they traveled, what they learned and how working abroad has impacted their life.
"I highly recommend striving to diversify your experiences in numerous ways, because you’re never going to get a chance to try something new short-term."
- HIMA SHETH | HUBSPOT
"My biggest advice to any co-op student coming in to the co-op program is to do the thing that you are afraid of doing."
- SOUHAIL ABOULHODA | LYNK GLOBAL