So you’ve applied to jobs in WaterlooWorks – well done! Now it’s time to wait and see if you’ve been selected for any interviews. Hint: this is a great time to practice your interview skills!
Once you've applied to jobs on WaterlooWorks, you are committed to all interviews you receive, regardless of their status as “confirmed” or “unconfirmed.” For more information on your interview responsibilities, visit co-op roles and responsibilities.
|Step 1: Check WaterlooWorks daily for interview notices||Be sure to check your WaterlooWorks messages and student email daily as employers can schedule interviews anytime throughout the first and continuous interview cycles, up to one business day in advance.
For a more detailed look at when interviews could be scheduled, visit the important dates calendar.
Have an interview for a job you didn’t apply for? Occasionally when you apply for a job, employers may pass your application package to other supervisors if they think your skills match a different position within the same organization. If you receive an interview for a job you didn’t apply for and you have concerns, contact your co-op advisor as soon as possible.
|Step 2: Choose and confirm your interview time slot||Congratulations – you’ve been selected for an interview!
Next step: visit the “Interviews” tab of WaterlooWorks, where you can choose and confirm your interview time from any open slots within the employer’s schedule. If you don’t choose a timeslot, you’ll automatically be scheduled into one of the remaining times. If you don’t see a schedule listed, a time has already been selected for you.
Be sure to read any instructions listed on the interview schedule as there might be additional details such as:
For help with how to select and confirm your interview timeslot, visit the WaterlooWorks Help > Interviews page or use the "Send a Message" button on your WaterlooWorks dashboard and select "Interviews" to be directed to a representative.
|Step 3: Attend your interview||On the day of your interview, be sure to eat a good breakfast, dress with care, take some deep breaths and give yourself plenty of time to get to your interview. You've got this!
Before you go, be sure to check the “Interviews” tab of WaterlooWorks the day before your interview for the correct room number. As a best practice, it’s also a good idea to check this on the morning of your interview as employers sometimes request last-minute changes.
Need to request accommodations? If you are a student with permanent, temporary or suspected disabilities, you may be seeking accommodations throughout the interview process. You can contact AccessAbility Services if you need support with determining what kinds of accommodations you might need.
Need to request space in the Tatham Centre? If your interview was scheduled outside WaterlooWorks and you need to request an interview space in the Tatham Centre, follow the instructions on our contact us page.
If you're feeling overwhelmed with your interview schedule, you can contact your co-op advisor to discuss available options and/or fill out a Request for Interview Relief Form on WaterlooWorks. Depending on your situation, you may be able to choose to be removed from one or more of your upcoming interviews by having your job application(s) withdrawn.
To submit a Request for Interview Relief Form, follow the steps below:
- Visit WaterlooWorks > Submit a Form > Recruiting Term Support > Request for interview relief.
- Complete and submit the form with all details requested as soon as possible - late requests may be more difficult to accommodate.
- Do not complete this form if:
- You are ill and your interview is today. Instead, call 519-888-4026.
- For tips on how to submit/edit forms on WaterlooWorks, visit WaterlooWorks Help
If you fill out a form or reach out to request interview relief, here's what will happen:
- Your co-op advisor or our Student Advisor Support Co-ordinator will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your request. This conversation is a mandatory part of the process, as it helps us to provide you with support and determine the best course of action.
- Please note that submitting this request does not mean that you will be automatically removed from interviews. Each request is assessed on a case-by-case basis, as we recognize that each student's situation is completely different.
- Once your request to be relieved from an interview is approved, your application will be removed and you will no longer be considered for the position. Please do not contact the employers associated with any jobs you have withdrawn from.
If you have questions, contact your co-op advisor!
To ensure the safety and security of our students, employers and staff members, the Tatham Centre (TC) has been equipped with CCTV security cameras in accordance with Waterloo's policy on surveillance cameras. To prevent theft, we advise you to keep all of your personal belongings with you at all times.
For more information about the security cameras in TC, visit Waterloo's principles for the installation of CCTV cameras and reviewing of recordings.