Questions about co-op? We're here to help!

Tathem Centre

Get in touch with your assigned co-op advisor, drop by our facility on campus or contact our CEE Hub with any general questions.

Visit us on campus at the Tatham Centre!

The William M. Tatham Centre (TC) is home to Co-operative Education, the Centre for Career Action (CCA) and many more Co-operative and Experiential Education (CEE) services for students.

Here, we help both co-op students and non-co-op students (undergraduate, graduate, alumni) meet their future career and further education goals by providing services, resources and specialized support.

Of all other Canadian universities, we have the largest building dedicated solely to career services. Some of our building features include: 

CEE Hub Contact our CEE Hub for answers to general co-op/career questions.

Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Centre for Career Action Contact the CCA for personalized career development advice. For more information about the CCA's services and resources, visit their website.

Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Interview spaces and waiting areas TC is home to 123 in-person interview rooms, as well as group interview rooms, phone interview rooms and webcam/skype interview facilities.

We also have a designated area where you can wait for your interviews and check in with our interview paging desk.

Requesting rooms for interviews scheduled outside WaterlooWorks Please note that interview space is limited in TC, but we will try our best to accommodate your request based on the volume of interviews and activities taking place at your requested time. 

To request an interview space in TC, please follow the steps below: 

Up to the day before your interview: On the day of your interview, if there are other co-op interviews taking place in TC:
  • Visit the Red Call Centre (TC 2201A-N) on the second floor of TC
  • If the Red Call Centre is closed, proceed to the Blue Call Centre (TC 2203-2217) on the second floor of TC
On the day of your interview, if there are no other co-op interviews taking place in TC:
  • Visit the CEE Hub on the ground floor of TC
Rooms you can book to use as study spaces All Waterloo students with a valid Watcard can book rooms in TC to use as study spaces during the following time periods:
  • Outside of interview periods: any time between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
  • During final exams: any time between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
How to book a room: 
  • Read our TC room use principles
  • Sign in at the CEE Hub in TC
  • Leave your Watcard with the staff in exchange for the room key
  • Maximum of three students per room
  • Each student using the room must be signed in and out
Security cameras To ensure the safety and security of our students, employers and staff members, TC has been equipped with CCTV security cameras in accordance with Waterloo's policy on surveillance cameras. To prevent theft, we advise you to keep all of your personal belongings with you at all times. 

For more information about the security cameras in TC, visit Waterloo's principles for the installation of CCTV cameras and reviewing of recordings.