You’ll be notified via your WaterlooWorks dashboard if you’ve been selected for an interview, and most times will also receive a WaterlooWorks message.
Be sure to check your WaterlooWorks dashboard often for any interview notices!
Once you’ve been selected for an interview, you’ll be able to choose or confirm the timeslot that works best for you, based on the options are available.
To select a timeslot:
- From your dashboard, scroll to the “My interviews to schedule” section
- Select “Click to schedule”
- Review the interview details, then click “Book my interview time”
- Click the timeslot that works best for you
- NOTE: You must choose a timeslot at least one day before your interview, or one will be chosen for you.
If you don’t see a schedule of options listed in this section, an interview timeslot has already been selected for you. You’ll need to “Confirm” the interview by following the steps below:
To confirm an interview timeslot that’s been booked for you:
- Click the “Interviews” tab on the dashboard
- Click “View” to open your booked interviews
- Click “View” next to the job you need to confirm the interview for
- Select “Confirm” near the bottom of your page
To view or change an interview timeslot:
- Click the “Interviews” tab from your dashboard
- Click “Reschedule interview”
Remember: you are required to attend all scheduled interviews, regardless of their status as “Confirmed” or “Unconfirmed.” Be sure to check your WaterlooWorks dashboard often for any interview notices!
- In-person INDIVIDUAL interview
- In-person GROUP interview
- Phone or webcam interview
- Message Only interview (employers will contact you directly)
For more information on how to attend the interview types above, visit our instructions for attending co-op interviews webpage.
With so much of today’s hiring happening remotely, we have launched our WaterlooWorks integrated webcam feature to make it easier than ever to attend your interviews remotely, all within WaterlooWorks!
With this functionality, you won’t have to wait for links from your employer – you’ll just select a timeslot as usual and you will be able to join a webcam call directly from within WaterlooWorks at the time of your scheduled interview. It’s that simple!
Some other features of this WaterlooWorks integrated webcam functionality include:
- Résumés and cover letters pulled straight from WaterlooWorks, so your employer can access these during your interview
- An embedded code editor so an employer can assess your coding skills, if necessary
- An embedded chat feature in case you need to send your interviewer a message during your interview
- Support offered via chat, phone and email
- An easy-to-use interface and standard features like the ability to share your screen and turn your webcam and audio off and on, etc.
We’re excited about this new functionality and the benefits it can provide for our students and employers alike! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your co-op advisor.
Here’s what to do if an employer chooses to use our WaterlooWorks integrated webcam feature to conduct their interviews:
- If an employer decides to use our WaterlooWorks integrated webcam functionality to conduct their interviews, we'll send a message to the students they choose to interview to let them know what to expect.
- For the best interview experience, we strongly recommend the following:
- Use a laptop or desktop and avoid using mobile devices
- Use the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or EDGE Chromium (find out which browser is your default here)
- Note: Internet Explorer (IE) is NOT supported
- Disable any VPN connections
- Confirm your video and audio devices are configured and supported by completing a quick diagnostic test here.
- On the day of your interview, you can enter your WaterlooWorks Webcam interview by following the steps below:
- Login to your WaterlooWorks dashboard
- Locate the “Today’s Webcam Appointments and/or Interviews” section of your dashboard and select “View”
- This will present your list of WaterlooWorks Webcam interviews for the current day
- The “Join” button will become active 10 minutes before your interview’s scheduled start time
- Select the “Join” button to enter your virtual interview room
- When the interview is complete, select the red “Leave” button to return to your list of WaterlooWorks Webcam interviews
- Please note: if you leave and re-enter an interview, the interviewee chat and code editor will lose all previously entered information
- If you need help at any point while attending a WaterlooWorks Webcam interview, you can contact our support team using the chat feature embedded in the online meeting or contact the CEE Hub directly by emailing email@example.com or calling 519-888-4026.