Connection and a unique opportunity to interact with our students has never been more important. Our Employer Info Sessions (EIS) allow you to do that.
Register to host an EIS session in 2023! Fill in the registration request form below.
Register to host an Employer Information Session (EIS)
If you're looking to connect with students, the Employer Information Session (EIS) team will be here to assist you with the logistics of hosting an Information Session.
Registration dates are listed in the matrix below.
Here are a few things to know about EIS:
- There will be a maximum of 10 in-person sessions hosted between May-June 2023 at Waterloo's Tatham Centre.
- In-person bookings will be on a first come basis via our registration form.
- Employers can use either their own platform to host the session or UWaterloo's webinar system, Cisco Webex Events.
- If you choose to host your VEIS using UWaterloo's system, you will have access to virtual platform consultation to help you get set up, polling, chat, presenting and data collection options, test calls prior to the session and in-chat monitoring support during the session.
- Your event will be posted on the WaterlooWorks Employer Information Sessions calendar for all students to see and the session will be promoted on social media
- Each session costs $260 (plus applicable taxes) to host. This includes support from our team
- Please keep in mind that we don't host concurrent sessions (targeting the same student group) for both open and closed sessions.
- Your EIS should complement your campus recruiting strategy and align with your job postings in WaterlooWorks for undergraduate, co-op and graduating students. Review our recruiting dates to ensure you submit your job postings by the deadline for students to apply.
- Haven't posted your jobs in WaterlooWorks yet? Log in now to submit your job postings to be posted in WaterlooWorks for students to apply. If you post your jobs prior to the information session, you will be able to:
- contact applicants on employer job postings affiliated with VEIS in WaterlooWorks
- just-in-time notification to students who’ve registered for your event in WaterlooWorks
- direct linking to your relevant open job descriptions to your event
Need help or want to chat?
Looking to connect with students? The Employer Information Session (EIS) team will be here to assist you with the logistics of a Virtual Employer Information Session (VEIS).
Please connect with our EIS team at, firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our registration form, to set up a Virtual EIS or In-Person EIS (limited offering). Please note that EIS registration form open dates have also changed and continue to be updated as needed. If you have submitted a form or hosted a session within the last two years prior to the new registration opening date, you'll automatically be included in a communication reminder email informing you of when the registration form will open for the upcoming term. Should you wish to be included in this reminder, please contact email@example.com.
|Registration open||Recruiting term||Work Term|
|Wednesday, November 16, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. (ET)||Winter 2023
(info session takes place (Jan-Apr: recruitment for Spring work term)
|Wednesday, March 15, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. (ET)||Spring 2023
(info session takes place May-Aug: recruitment for Fall work term)
Accessing registration numbers
Since Winter 2020, students can register for Employer Information Sessions in WaterlooWorks. This means that the “level of interested students” will no longer be available outside of WaterlooWorks. By moving student registration into WaterlooWorks, we will be able to provide better EIS registration and attendance data. Please contact the EIS team if you have questions about your registration numbers.