Connection and a unique opportunity to interact with our students has never been more important. Our Virtual Employment Info Sessions (VEIS) allow you to do that - even if students are not on campus.
Registration for Winter 2021 Virtual Employer Information Sessions are now open! You can still register to host a VEIS this Fall 2020 too. Fill in the registration request forms below.
EIS is now taking place virtually!
If you're looking to connect with students while they are away from campus, the Employer Information Session (EIS) team will be here to assist you with the logistics of hosting a Virtual Employer Information Session (VEIS).
Registration dates are listed in the matrix below.
Here are a few things to know about VEIS:
- Employers can use either their own platform to host the session or UWaterloo's webinar system, Cisco Webex.
- If you choose to host your VEIS using UWaterloo's system, you will have access to virtual platform consultation to help you get set up, polling, chat, presenting and data collection options, test calls prior to the session and in-chat monitoring support during the session.
- Your event will be posted on the WaterlooWorks Employer Information Sessions calendar for all students to see and the session will be promoted on social media
- There is a fixed fee of $250.00 for each information session you would like to host.
- Please keep in mind that we don't host concurrent sessions (targeting the same student group) for both open and closed sessions.
- Your VEIS should complement your campus recruiting strategy and align with your job postings in WaterlooWorks for undergraduate, co-op and graduating students. Review our recruiting dates to ensure you submit your job postings by the deadline for students to apply.
- Haven't posted your jobs in WaterlooWorks yet? Log in now to submit your job postings to be posted in WaterlooWorks for students to apply. If you post your jobs prior to the information session, you will be able to:
- contact applicants on employer job postings affiliated with VEIS in WaterlooWorks
- just-in-time notification to students who’ve registered for your event in WaterlooWorks
- direct linking to your relevant open job descriptions to your event
Need help or want to chat?
Changes to EIS due to COVID-19
Looking to connect with students while they are away from campus? The Employer Information Session (EIS) team will be here to assist you with the logistics of a Virtual Employer Information Session (VEIS).
Although we will not be hosting sessions on campus until further notice, please connect with our EIS team at, email@example.com, or complete our registration form, to set up a VEIS. Please note that EIS registration form open dates have also changed. Some dates are still to be determined.
|Registration open||Recruiting term||Work Term|
|Monday, July 20, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (ET)||Fall 2020
(info session takes place September – December: recruitment for Winter work term)
|Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (ET)||Winter 2021
(info session takes place January - March: recruitment for Spring work term)
(info session takes place May - July: recruitment for Fall work term)
Accessing registration numbers
Since Winter 2020, students can register for Employer Information Sessions in WaterlooWorks. This means that the “level of interested students” will no longer be available within the EIS calendar. By moving student registration into WaterlooWorks, we will be able to provide better EIS registration and attendance data. Please contact the EIS team if you have questions about your registration numbers.